Oh today was hard! An appreciative parent brought in ice-cream (the cone kinds too, one of my favorites!) during the afternoon program, and later at the end of the work day there was (oh!) baked potato chips, sourdough pretzel nuggets, MORE ice-cream, fresh fruit, and sparkling fruit essence drinks. And it all looked and smelled good. I controlled myself and did not give in. But oh! I went to the grocery store to buy fruit juice and soup, and ended up buying peanut butter pretzel nuggest, veggie chips, popcorn, cheese puffs, and some other more 'healthy' options (including turkey meat for some yummy dish next week). I just kept picking up bags of this and that, like I couldn't be stopped. Argh!!!! But I will prevail! God is by my side! And yes, I still am feelin' the joy of the LORD!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Cravings
Oh today was hard! An appreciative parent brought in ice-cream (the cone kinds too, one of my favorites!) during the afternoon program, and later at the end of the work day there was (oh!) baked potato chips, sourdough pretzel nuggets, MORE ice-cream, fresh fruit, and sparkling fruit essence drinks. And it all looked and smelled good. I controlled myself and did not give in. But oh! I went to the grocery store to buy fruit juice and soup, and ended up buying peanut butter pretzel nuggest, veggie chips, popcorn, cheese puffs, and some other more 'healthy' options (including turkey meat for some yummy dish next week). I just kept picking up bags of this and that, like I couldn't be stopped. Argh!!!! But I will prevail! God is by my side! And yes, I still am feelin' the joy of the LORD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment