Friday, December 26, 2008

Chipping away

I woke up this morning thinking, "I don't have a reason to resent Mummy." And I never really did. Given the amount of explanations for actions in the past, given bit by bit, each time I return home, it is reasonable to believe that everything that I thought I was rightly mad about, I really did not have understanding and full story to rationally justify my anger that built up into resentment. And for a moment after waking, I felt a deep sense of peace and calm, that I had nothing against my mother, and even more, that I was at peace with her. That she loved me and I could do so in return. It seems that every time I return home a little bit of the stone wall chips away, and this time, a small but significant piece broke away. It is nothing short of divine understanding, or rather by His grace, me accepting what is. 

No comments: