Pastor Keith mentioned Mongolia in his sermon a few Sundays ago...about how one does not just jump at every opportunity or application that presents itself. That's not what serving God is all about. Missions work, or any kind of service to God is the outflow of gratitude and love for God that results from a real relationship with Him. And he joked, it doesn't mean you jump on a plane and fly to Mongolia...missions could be right in your backyard. Service is about the heart, not the where.
Looking back today, I don't know why I hung around that booth for so long, going back and forth about it trying to speak to someone.
Looking back, unlike job fairs and so many other kinda of exhibits and fairs, this one did not want to attract everyone...they also
waited on those who came to them. I don't know how to explain it other than I feel that yes, you go to find out what's out there, but also, a lot of those exhibitors were looking to respond to those who were
called by God then to serve. They didn't want just anyone, they wanted those who were serious with God, and who knew Him, His will. Not just being on some conference high go-God kinda 'serious' but those who were steadfast and who were in a deep relationship with God. I do believe that God lead many young persons to specific booths that day and throughout the conference to show them where He wanted them to go. And it was not my turn.
I don't know how to connect my daily living with God. I feel that yes, I set aside time to spend with God, but then the rest of my time is spend doing my own thing...for my survival, for my career, making money to pay the rent, buying groceries, keeping my clients happy, etc. I know how one does these things should be in ways that honors God. But how is He right in the middle of it all? As I reach deeper into the Experiencing God course at church, the more I feel the disconnect. I wonder again if missions is for me. Full-time missions. I keep revisiting this thought and never coming to the conclusion that it is, it is seriously for me. I keep thinking it's my own thought...nothing outside of it confirms this thought anyhow. I believe it is important that others, the Bible, events in my life confirm this thought. If not, I will wait and continue to listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment